Join us at Linens Unlimited!
We are a successful and well-established brand offering a beautiful boutique range of natural fibre textiles and made-ups to trade customers all over Australia and New Zealand. And, we are growing!
As an Operations/Admin Assistant working casually from up to 15 hours per week initially and then working up to full time within 5 months, you’ll support our Operations Manager to support our continued growth. Day-to-day, you’ll be working with our small team to provide exceptional care for our customers and assist with receiving, sending and preparing our products.
We want our customers’ to enjoy a seamless and easy experience and as our Operations/Admin Assistant you will be the first contact that our customers have with the business. You will therefore have the very meaningful job of ensuring our customers receive their deliveries quickly and with all the excitement that our products deserve. You will bring pride and joy and use your strong working ethic to your best advantage.
What You Can Expect On A Day to Day Basis
- Work with our wholesale Operations Manager and support the overall operation, as well as our direct factory outlet (some retail work required).
- Support the business to consolidate operational processes and procedures
- Bring a thorough understanding of operations (order --> warehouse --> packing --> distribution --> follow up) and co-ordinate stock and delivery of products
- Set an example of best service and support to deliver friendly and helpful advice to customers, including over-the-phone sales and face to face service
- Recognize and support sales opportunities
- Receive orders, process orders and from time to time, pick and pack to fulfil customer orders
- Receive and allocate storage space for new inventory coming in
- Keep the warehouse and office spaces clean and tidy, observing strict adherence to OH&S requirements
- Participate in trade shows, requiring adhoc weekend work
- Ensure that merchandising standards fit with business requirements
- Assist with walk-in customers and support a positive in store experience
- Liaise with the third-party courier & e-commerce operators on a regular basis
- Assist in performing regular stock take
- Work with online platforms like MYOB, Big Commerce & Fieldfolio
What We Need From You
- A positive mindset & personality that works well within a family business
- A solutions-based way of thinking
- Previous experience working with MYOB, Big Commerce and Fieldfolio is considered advantageous
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced warehouse and administrative environment
- A passion for customer service
- An ability to achieve results and standards working in a family-based business
- Open communication style
- Be approachable and confident when interacting with customers
- Have an eagerness to learn about new products
- Be confident to seize and drive sales opportunities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Enjoy working with a family-based business
- Have a strong background in administration
- Bring a deep appreciation of working with quality and sustainable products and genuinely enjoy working in the industry
- You’re confident, honest, reliable and a quick learner
- You have a minimum of 2-3 years prior experience in administrations/operations support
- You’re an exceptional communicator and love receiving feedback to improve yourself
- You have a strong analytical skill and a demonstrated ability to solve problems, including basic technology troubleshooting
- You’re a great time manager and can work self sufficiently
With this opportunity you will be part of a family business where you’ll feel like you belong, and our flexible and informal work environment helps bring balance between work and home.
If this is you, please submit a CV and a short video of yourself answering the following questions to Jay@linensunlimited.com.au
***The video should answer the following 3 questions and be short with no more than 3 minutes***
Q.1 Tell me about yourself and why do you think you are a good fit to work for Linens Unlimited?
Q.2 How would you approach a situation in which you were given a task but didn’t receive complete instructions?
Q3. What would you expect your day to look like working as our operations/admin person?
~ ~ ~
Please check back for more information regarding this role