Join us at Linens Unlimited!
Job Description – Marketing/Buyer Administrative Assistant
We are a successful and well-established brand offering a beautiful boutique range of natural fibre products such as linen and cotton to customers all over Australia and New Zealand. And we are growing!
Linens Unlimited currently has an opportunity for a multi-talented linen lover to join the team. We have created a hybrid role that will traverse both marketing and buying of our product and be responsible for working directly with the Managing Director overseeing multi-faceted marketing, buying activities and assisting to achieve the companies’ goals.
Initially the role will require up to 20 hours per week and then working up to full time within 12 months, you’ll support the business to grow. Day-to-day, you’ll be working with our small team to provide an exceptional administrative experience.
Initially the Marketing/Purchasing Admin Assistant will work closely with the Managing Director to alleviate pressure and allow the business to consolidate marketing and purchasing workflow. It will be essential for you to be able to connect strongly with the Managing Director, reflecting the values of the business, be service oriented and become the voice of the business.
Role Overview – what you can expect to do day to day.
In summary, this role includes prospecting efforts, social media marketing & content creation, SEO, digital analysis, search marketing and lead generation. This role will contribute significantly to enhancing brand awareness within the digital space as well as driving website traffic and acquiring leads/customers.
The Purchasing component of the role includes product & research development and maintain data within our purchasing system from initial PO entry through PO receipt; ensure accurate information is obtained from vendors for data integrity; assist planning and merchandising teams in all aspects of product and purchase order processing and maintenance. This position includes but is not limited to purchase order entry and maintenance, managing the on-time placement of future season POs, logic and problem-solving for PO issue resolution, ownership of paperwork flow and appropriate approvals, and some administrative support for weekly/monthly tasks, and projects.
The detailed components of the marketing assistant role include:
- Creating content & organising product photography.
- Website Audit.
- Manage social media accounts including Facebook and Instagram.
- Assist with the creation of advertising materials (e.g. print ads, online ads, brochures).
- Drive email marketing – creation, delivery, and enhancement.
- Maintain and build our reputation and industry expertise.
- Develop brand guidelines (to be created and then implemented).
- Attend trade shows and industry events and ensure customer relationships are nurtured.
- Implement and maintain SEO strategies including keyword and market research.
- Track and analyse the performance and success of SEO strategies through Google Analytics.
- Assist with maintaining accurate customer system records to enable more targeted marketing.
- Other duties as required.
The detailed components of the purchasing role:
- Assist in research and product development.
- Creation and communication of purchase orders.
- Ownership of all vendor communication regarding purchasing and PO management to ensure PO information is accurate and vendor questions are resolved efficiently.
- Enter and amend purchase orders and ensure communication of orders to sourcing and vendors.
- Maintain accuracy of purchase order ship dates, quantities, and item costs
- Ensure accurate shipping dates of purchase orders by monitoring the sourcing calendar.
- Monitor purchase order status using reporting or other spreadsheets and tools.
- Work with planners to monitor sales and adjust purchase orders accordingly to drive sales and profitability.
- Collaborate daily with Operations Team to resolve data validation errors and PO discrepancies that prevent receipt of merchandise.
- Other duties as required.
- Marketing diploma, business or equivalent experience preferred.
- Industry specific experience preferred but not essential.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with purchasing systems experience is essential.
- Strong social media knowledge using social media platforms, posting, and engaging with customers.
- Excellent proofing and editing abilities.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, exciting work environment.
- Basic understanding of SEO and Google Analytics
- Driven, enthusiastic and high energy.
- Strong work ethic with results-oriented attitude
- Must have attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and be highly organised at the same time.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to anticipate, understand and creatively solve problems or resolve issues.
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills.
The benefits of this role
- Flexible hours to accommodate your other commitments (i.e., fetching kids from school).
- Working with small team and informal work environment.
- The working hours are negotiable.
- Ongoing career development and training.
- Surrounded by beautiful quality linen, going to work feels like going shopping.
- Generous staff discounts.
- Our warehouse is in Maribyrnong, stone's throw from High Point Shopping Centre.
- Be a part of a growing brand.
We are a small business, and we love working together, we love our product and customers, and the ideal candidate will have a strong desire to connect with our team.
To apply for this role please send through your resume with a covering letter outlining your attitude to work, and that which makes you the ideal candidate. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.